If you aren’t using them yet, Twitter chats will change the way you learn on social media. There are so many chats going on in the fields of learning and training, and we even started our own Twitter chat, #TalkTech, back in January and have seen it steadily grow to become a consistent resource for idea sharing inside and outside our company. If you are looking for a simple way to start getting involved on Twitter, participating in a scheduled chat is an easy way to do it.
Higher Ed, Consultants, L&D Departments, and Primary/Secondary Ed all have plenty to learn from eachother! So what are the best twitter chats for learning? Our list will help you get started.
1. #Lrnchat is all about helping people learn. Useful for teachers and corporate learning professionals. This is one of the most popular chats on learning. It’s held Thursday nights at 8:30 pm ET. More info
2. #Chat2lrn Explores how the social business environment affects learning…and ways we can move learning forward. Happens on certain wednesdays at 11 am ET. More info
3. #Realwplearn Covers how learning REALLY takes place in the workplace, with a special emphasis on informal and social learning. The chat takes place MONTHLY on Wednesdays, 3pm ET. More info
4. #Edchat is the largest Twitter chat for school educators. Lots of great learning tips! It’s held Tuesdays at 12 pm EST. More info
5. #IOLchat discusses current issues in online learning. It is held on certain Wednesdays, 12:00 – 12:30 ET More info
6 #PBLChat is all about Project Based Learning. How does it work? How do we support it? It is held Tuesdays at 9 pm ET. More info
7. #TalkTech is our own Twitter chat covering emerging trends, apps, and technologies as they relate to learning. We “flip” the approach to Twitter chats and share topics and articles beforehand. #TalkTech meets every Thursday at 3 pm ET. More info
Have any other chats you’d like added to this list? Let us know so we can continue editing this post as a resource.