We have a winner!
After reaching College Hoops Guru status in regular game mode and posting a score of 63,900 in the Grab Bag mode, Kurt Clemenz won our 2013 College Hoops Guru charity competition.
The game was built with our Knowledge Guru game engine. If you haven’t given it a spin yet, check it out!
The prize? A $1,000 donation by BLP to a charity of Kurt’s choice. He asked us to send the check to Hoosier Veterans Assistance Foundation. They provide help to homeless and disabled vets in Indianapolis. Learn more about HVAF here.
We also held a random drawing for five $100 donations to charity. Anyone who played College Hoops Guru was eligible to win. Those donations went to some great charities:
- Second Harvest Heartland, St. Paul MN – Learn more
- The Boys and Girls Club of Lawrence County, IN – Learn more
- Wheeler Mission Ministries, Indianapolis IN – Learn more
- Back On My Feet, Indianapolis IN – Learn more
- Salvation Army, St. Louis MO – Learn more
All of these organizations work to help the hungry, homeless, or poverty-stricken in their communities. Giving Back is at the core of BLP’s company culture and philosophy. By offering $1,500 in charitable donations as prizes for playing Knowledge Guru, we accomplished two of our most important goals as a company:
- Educate the learning and development community about the value of game based learning and gamification.
- Give back to our local and global community.
ABOUT KNOWLEDGE GURU™
Knowledge Guru is a game engine that uses the power of play to help learners learn facts fast. Its research-based – and fully-tested – design ensures your people learn and remember. Its game format lets them have fun doing it.
We created Knowledge Guru as a solution to a problem we’ve seen over and over with our clients: Job related information is not always fun to learn… and it’s even tougher to remember.
You can learn more about Knowledge Guru at one of our upcoming webinars.